If you’re not already adding fruit to your summer salads, it’s time to change that! Fruits such as peaches, nectarines, oranges, plums, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, figs and watermelon wonderfully enrich their taste adding pleasant freshness and sweetness.Today’s refreshing, super tasty and ready in no time watermelon salad is the perfect summer side to go along with grilled veggies and plant-based burgers but also served with nachos or on the garlicky bruschetta.
What will you need to prepare this salad?Watermelon and cucumbers are one of my favorite, refreshing combos. Just add red onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, creamy avocado, season with lots of lemon and lime juice, add a little chili for some kick of spiciness and you got yourself a delicious and refreshing summer salad.
Other versions of watermelon and cucumber salad.For variety, you can also add finely chopped bell pepper, tomato or celery. Add a handful of arugula, lettuce or kale [ it’s best to do so just before serving ].
Beans, chickpeas and lentils also work great in this salad, adding extra protein and fiber.
SEE ALSO : Grilled watermelon with vegan feta
Watermelon and cucumber salad
- 1 cup watermelon diced
- 1 cup cucumber pealed and diced
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 1 handful spring onion chopped
- ½ lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 chili finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with lemon juice, lime, finely chopped chili [ optional ] and minced garlic.
- Add watermelon, cucumber, onion, avocado, parsley, cilantro and green onion.Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving. The flavors will blend and the ingredients will marinate so adjust seasoning before serving if needed.
108 kcal | Carbohydrates 10.5 g | Protein 1.5 g | Fat 8 g | Fiber 3.3 g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!