Soups are healthy, filling and give unlimited possibilities – you can prepare a delicious soup from literally anything.
Today’s tomato, spinach soup is not only very easy to make, but also super tasty! You can serve it with soybean meatballs like I did, add cooked white or red beans, lentils, chickpeas or simply, eat it with a slice of bread.
Tomato, spinach and no-meat ball soup
- Cooking pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced or finely grated
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes
- 4 potatoes medium size, cut into cubes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano or ½ tsp dried
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach
- extra drizzle of olive oil for serving
- 12 no-meat balls
- Heat up oil in a pot, add finely chopped onion, carrot and cook until soften
- Follow with garlic and herbs - cook another 30 seconds stirring than add canned tomatoes and vegetable broth
- Add potatoes into the pan and season with cayenne, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes
- Transfer ¼ of the soup to the blender and mix into a smooth consistency, than add back into the pot - this will thicken the soup
- Add meatballs and cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve drizzled with olive oil
123 kcal | Carbohydrates 19.6 g | Protein 4.2 g | Fat 2.4 g | Fiber 0.2 g *For nutritional value of meatballs click here
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!