I could have soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner – I simply love it! It is delicious, nutritious and super easy to cook.
Today’s soup is very autumnal, but the addition of dried tomatoes brings back some summer memories.
You can swap the vegetables I used, for those lying around your fridge and/or add any beans or lentils to make it more filling and higher in protein!
Serve it as it is or with bread, no-meat balls, tofu or other meat substitutes.
For the gluten free version simply skip the pasta or replace it with a gluten free one.
Sun-dried tomatoes vegetable soup
- medium size pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- ½ tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 porcini mushrooms dried
- 2 cups champignon mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots cut into coins
- ½ head cauliflower decided into smaller pieces
- 2 cups French beans cut into pieces
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp harissa paste or to taste
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup fine pasta uncooked
- Warm the olive oil in a pot over medium heat
- Add onion and cook, stirring from time to time, until soft
- Follow with chopped vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook for another 10 minutes
- When the vegetables will start to caramelize, add the herbs and harissa paste - cook for another minute or two
- Pour broth into the pot, add mustard, dried mushrooms and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 5 -7 minutes
- Add the pasta and kale - stir well, so pasta want stick to the bottom of the pot
- Cook until the pasta is tender [ check the info on the packaging ]
237 kcal | Carbohydrates 35.5 g | Protein 11.2 g | Fat 6 g | Fiber 7.7 g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!