I like to transform simple dishes into something amazing. In this recipe, the roasted garlic sauce does all the job! By the way – it’s worth making more of! Sauce makes a great dip [ try it with baked cauliflower or potatoes ] and salad dressing.
Pita with vegetables and roasted garlic sauce
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- 1 carrot large
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian herbs dried
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- chili flakes to taste, optional
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tsp yeast flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 356F [ 180ºC ]
- Cut vegetables into large pieces, mix with olive oil, dried herbs and chili, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Cut the top of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and put on a baking tray with the rest of the vegetables
- Roast for 30-40 minutes [ check on the veggies from time to time and turn over if needed ]
- Put the pita bread in the oven 5 - 7 minutes before the end of baking [ see the instructions on the packaging ]
- Take the vegetables out of the oven, season with salt and set aside to cool slightly
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of their peels and mashup with a fork. Mix with yogurt, lemon juice, yeast flakes and season with salt
- Cut pita breads open, stuff with veggies and drizzle with garlic sauce
You can bake the vegetables the day before, just reheat them before serving. Nutritional value - ½ baked vegetables and garlic*
Energy value 149 kcal | Carbohydrates 20 g | Protein 8 g | Fat 5 g | Fiber 0.5 g *for nutritional values of pita and yogurt you are using - check the packaging
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!