This simple, ready in 15 minutes peach and pasta salad is all you need this summer! It’s pleasantly sweet, refreshing and filling enough to be served on its own.
I have a few summer recipes that I like to come back to and that I eat very often. These include stuffed tomatoes, grilled celery and today’s peach and pasta salad.
I really like adding fruit to savory dishes, and salads are great for that.
Peaches, nectarines, oranges, plums, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, figs and watermelon wonderfully enrich their taste adding pleasant freshness and sweetness.
What will you need to prepare a peach and pasta salad?A few simple ingredients are enough to enjoy this truly summer dish: mixed salad greens – use any salad of your liking cooked pasta – leftover pasta is fine too red onion peaches or nectarines cherry tomatoes
Fresh thyme dressing.Fresh thyme perfectly emphasizes the taste of peaches, and the dressing itself is very easy to make!
You can use it in various dishes:
– it’s wonderful drizzled on grilled or roasted veggies
– you can serve it as dipping sauce for bread or raw vegetables
– add it to cooked quinoa, rice, bulgur or other grains
– mix it with vegan mayo for delicious sauce
– drizzle it over cooked white beans or chickpeas [ my personal favorite! ]
What will you need to make the dressing?
6 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon maple or agave syrup
salt and freshly ground pepper
a few sprigs of thyme
Pull off all the leaves by running your fingers over the thyme branches.
Then combine with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic and syrup. Season to taste with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
Store in a closed jar for up to 4 days or use it right away.
Other variations of the salad.This simple salad is very versatile. You can switch pasta for bulgur, barley, farro, toasted stale bread croutons or – for the gluten free version quinoa or rice.
Need to add more protein to your diet? Replace grains [ or simply add ] cooked beans, chickpeas or lentils.
You can of course replace peaches with nectarines or even with plums!
In this recipe, I only used butter lettuce and arugula, but any other type of lettuce will work perfectly in this salad. Try adding other vegetables as well: bell peppers, cucumber, radish, grated carrots, radicchio …
Peach and pasta salad
- 2 peaches
- 1 cup pasta cooked
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 10 cocktail tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red onion
- dressing from the recipe above about ⅓ of the whole dressing
- Cook the pasta al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside [ rinsing is optional - saves time and stops the cooking process immediately. Personally I never do that. I don’t mind the little gumminess of the pasta ].
- Wash the peaches, cut in half, remove the stone then cut into smaller pieces. Cut the onion into thin feathers or dice it into small cubes - add to the bowl with the greens.
- Add your cooled pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine.
308 kcal | Carbohydrates 57 g | Protein 10.5 g | Fat 10 g | Fiber 6 g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!