This fresh and filling summer salad loaded with beans, corn and rice is totally addictive and makes a perfect lunch or dinner for a busy week.
I love salads! I can play around with both the ingredients and the dressings. Serve cold or warm – prepare with raw, grilled or roasted vegetables – add beans, chickpeas, lentils, tofu, tempeh or other meat substitutes – add pasta, barley, rice … possibilities are endless
Today’s Mexican salad is full of fresh vegetables, filling rice, beans, aromatic herbs and seasoned with spicy dressing.
What will you need to prepare this Mexican rice salad?Rice – any cooked rice at room temperature. You can, of course, use the leftovers from the previous day
Beans – Any type of beans will work well. I usually use red or black beans in this salad Corn – cooked or canned
Vegetables – bell peppers, red onion and fresh chili
Herbs – fresh coriander and / or parsley
Lime juice – you can use lemon juice, but the lime adds a better flavor to the salad
Mexican seasoning – I like to make my life easier, so I usually buy a ready-made mixture for tacos or fajitas, but you can easily prepare it yourself – check out the recipe below.
SEE ALSO : Portobello mushroom Fajitas
Mexican seasoningMake your own homemade tacos or fajitas spice! It is extremely simple and ready in no time!
½ tbsp hot pepper or cayenne pepper
2 tbsp sweet, smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tbsp ground coriander
1 heaped tbsp dried oregano
Transfer all the ingredients into a jar and shake well to combine. Store in a closed jar like any other seasoning.
Mexican rice salad
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup beans cooked or canned
- 1 cup corn cooked or canned
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 limes juice only
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- fresh chili optional, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mexican spice mix
- Place the cooked rice in a large bowl.
- Add diced peppers, red onion, finely chopped chili [ skip if you don't like spicy food ], beans, corn and chopped parsley and cilantro [ I like cilantro, although it has a very intense flavor and can easily dominate the dish, therefore in this salad I used a whole bunch of parsley and just a few sprigs of cilantro to add flavor ].
- Separately, mix the olive oil with the Mexican spice, then pour it into the bowl with the salad ingredients.
- Mix everything thoroughly, seasoning with salt and a good amount of lime juice.
415 kcal | Carbohydrates 65.5 g | Protein 10 g | Fat 11.5 g | Fiber 10 g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @vitobites on Instagram and hashtag it #vitobites.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the newsletter, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!